Article taken from The Top 5 Web Hosting Providers for the Year Ahead - NaijaTechGuide
There is no mistaking that the future we see for our up-and-coming generation has a digital and technological influence, and making a digital impact is going to be the only way for the voice of a business to be heard.
Sure we have specialized software programs and integrated HR simplification initiatives to ensure our online presence is seamless and easy to navigate, but for other people to view your brand and website online you need help from industry experts.
This is where finding a quality web hosting provider becomes a game changer and one that will take your company to the next level.
Understanding the Concept
Many people may not know what a web host or a web hosting provider is, so in simple terms, it is a business that provides the services and technology you need for your files (in other words your products and services) to be viewed by customers and potential clients online.
You may have a great product range, idea, or business ethos that you want the world to know about, but without a web host, all those great innovations become moot.
The Best in the Business
When it comes to your company and investing in quality programs and software you should not compromise for anything less, let’s see which are the top web hosting companies for the upcoming year, and based on amenities will help you to find your fit.
- OneHost – Rated the best for performance at the lowest rate. They offer 24-hour support staff, flexible contracts, and requires no set-up fee. When it comes to finding the top web hosting provider that offers virtual private servers and multiple options for dedicated servers at an affordable price you want the best in the business. OneHost is the perfect choice when you are looking for a company that has your best interests in mind for a long-term relationship.
- Ionos – A top choice for beginners in the industry and startup companies, they offer daily backups and data recovery with a user-friendly interface. They offer a variety of plans so you can start your business and easily expand to allow growth while keeping a handle on the management of the operations.
- Host Gator – Free domain name and website transfer service, choose Host Gator for their generous features most suited for small to medium businesses.
- Blue Host – A great basic, starter plan with unmetered bandwidth. It offers round-the-clock customer support and a free business email. You have the option and flexibility to upgrade as and when you are ready for higher-tier plans that include added features such as client invoicing and staging.
- Dream Host – Good for when you want a short-term or highly-flexible contract option with contracts ranging from 1 month up to 36 months. It is beginner-friendly and has value-for-money considerations.
The Plus side of a Web Host Provider
When you have built your company based on dreams and sketchbook doodles, and from the ground up, you want to maintain control, and rightly so. You want a service provider that offers dedicated hosting so your company has exclusive use of its resources.
By choosing a web hosting service provider tailored to your business needs and website specifications you have the advantage of your server working at a continuous high-speed rate without the risk of it being slowed down by the server usage of other websites.
It is also the best option for flexibility where upon review of data collection and website traffic analysis, your dedicated server is easily customized to an environment best served for your brand.
Many companies opt for a shared server contract considering the pricing is cheaper compared to a dedicated server, but ultimately switch to a personalized server option as they realize they would now share an IP address.
If your shared IP is the same as a spam site it could lower your company ranking on the results page and ultimately work to your detriment.
A dedicated server, while pricier, offers you the peace of mind that the overheads, maintenance, and building costs are taken care of and you can focus on the important aspects of running a company.
Everyone, and essentially anyone with their own company and business, should consider a professional and quality web hosting provider. Companies such as OneHost understand the need to balance quality service with affordability and with them, you have both.
At the end of the day, a professional web host can not only run a hosting service more reliably and cheaper than you can, but they can serve pages faster. Let the industry experts do what they do best.